LOW COST SINGLE DROP IN REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR A 48 VOLT SET OF GOLF CART BATTERIES – CHEAPER THAN A SET OF TROJAN LEAD ACID GOLF CART BATTERIES
BUILT IN THE STANDARD GC-2/GC8V GOLF CART BATTERY CASE, OUR 48 VOLT LITHIUM BATTERY REPLACES A STANDARD SET OF 6 X 8 VOLT OR 4 X 12 VOLT GOLF CART BATTERIES.
35 AMP HOUR CAPACITY EQUIVALENT TO 40-45% OF THE CAPACITY OF A SET OF LEAD ACID GOLF CART BATTERIES
Typical Range Is 20 – 25 Kilometers On A Full Charge In A Stock Golf Cart
Ideal For Trailer Parts, Farm Yards And Recreational Properties Where Travel Distance Is Short
Integrated Bluetooth Enabled Smart BMS (Battery Management System) With Bluetooth Allows For Easy Monitoring Of Your Battery With Any Bluetooth Enabled Smart Phone Or Tablet. Bluetooth Feature Allows You To Turn Off Discharge Of The Battery To Prevent Power Drain When Cart Is Not In Use And Is An Effective Security System, Preventing Unauthorized Use Of The Golf Cart.
Why Our Battery Is Better!
There are many choices Of Lithium Ion Batteries On The Market Today (Fewer Choices In Canada Than The USA) Our Battery Is Better Than Most Of These Options For The Following Reasons:
A SIngle 48 Volt Battery Solution – No Need To Buy Multiple 12 Volt Batteries And Connect Them In Series To Reach 48 Volts
- Series Connected Batteries Will Get Out Balance Over Time, Leading To Reduced Service Life And Possibly A Voided Warranty As It Is The Clients Responsibility To Ensure Series Connected Batteries Are Properly Balanced.
- Other Batteries That Are 48 Volts Are Much Lower Capacity, Resulting In The Need To Buy Multiple Battery Modules To Connect In Parallel
- No Need To Modify The Battery Tray And You Use The Original Hold Downs To Secure The Battery
The CanLiFe 48 Volt LiCo Is The Exact Same Size As One Of Your Old 8 Volts
- A True “Drop In Replacement” Our CanLiFe 48 Volt Lico Is The Exact Same Size As An 8 Volt Golf Cart And Shorter In Length Than A 12 Volt Golf Cart, So It Will Fit In Every Application. Above is a CanLiFe Lico Installed In a Clubcar Golf Cart. Note all The Extra Storage Space
No Maintenance & Less Weight Than Conventional Lead Acid Batteries
- Completely Sealed, Built In Safety Features, And Premium Lithium Ion Cells Come Together To Create A Battery That Weighs Only 40 Pounds, But Can Replace Over 300 Pounds Of Messy Lead Acid Batteries.
Charges Up Faster Than Conventional Lead Acid Batteries
- The CanLiFe Lico Can Be Charged At An Extremely High Rate Up To 56 Amps.
- It Is Compatible With Original Golf Cart Battery Chargers But Note They Will Not Be Capable Of Charging It Fully
- We Recommend Using The Aims Power 36/48 Volt Smart Battery Charger On The Lithium Setting To Charge Your Battery Fully Every Time
Can Be Discharged At A High Rate:
- Our Heavy Duty BMS Has Been To Designed To Handle The Large Surge Required When Accelerating. The Battery Can Handle 120 Amps Continuously And Up To 360 Amps For 1 Second. Works Great With The Navitas 440 Upgraded Controller.
Built In Bluetooth With A Free IOS And Android App:
- Monitor Your Batteries State Of Charge, Number Of Cycles, Turn Discharge On Or Off To Secure Cart Or Prevent Unwanted Drain Of Power By The Cart When Not In Use
Our Warranty Is Better
- Read The Fine Print From Other Suppliers, Their Warranty May Be Longer But Is Pro-Rated – Meaning You Have To Pay To Replace Your Defective Battery, Only Getting A Partial Credit For The Years Of Service The Battery Did Not Provide.
- The CanLiFe LiCo Warranty Is 5 Years Full, Free Repair/Replacement.
2 x CanLiFe 48 Volt 56 Amp Hour LiCo’s Replace 8 x 12 Volts In The Electric Polaris Ranger EV
- We Designed And Tested These Batteries In Winnipeg Manitoba, Going Through Several Revisions To Find Success. Outfitting Two Polaris Ranger EV Off Road Electric Vehicles With 2 Of Our CanLiFe 48 Volt 56 Amp Hour LiCo’s.
- Weight Savings – 576 Pounds
- The Vehicle Sits About 3 Inches Higher with the 2 CanLiFe Lico’s Installed Vs. The 8 x 12 Volt US Battery Golf Carts That They Came with.
- The Top Speed Increased By About 5 KPH With No Other Changes To The System
- Victron BNV-712 Bluetooth Smart Battery Monitor Was Installed To Keep Tabs On The Batteries State Of Charge
- We Installed The Aims Power Smart 36/48 Volt Battery charger On Board For Simple, Hassle Free Charging.
Estimated Return On Investment – 56 Amp Hour Model:
Return On Investment Is Calculated As Follows:
Cost Of 1 CanLife LiCo Battery – $2300, Lifespan – 2500 80% Cycles
Cost Of A Set Of US 12VXHC 12 Volt Deepcyle Golf Cart Batteries – 4 x $380 = $1520, Lifespan – 675 80% Cycles (Per Published US Battery Specification)
CanLife Lico Lifespan Vs. Lead Acid – 2500 Divided By 675 = 3.7 Times Longer Life Span
Value Of CanLife Lico Vs. Lead Acid – $1520 x 3.7 = $5624
Initial Value Vs Lead Acid = $5624 Divided By $2300 = 2.45 x 100 = 245% Return On Investment
- RANGE COMPARISON & ROI ESTIMATE BASED ON OPERATING RANGE OF FULLY CHARGED SINGLE LITHIUM BATTERY VS A SET OF NEW US BATTERY LEAD ACID BATTERIES IN GOOD CONDITION
- Typical Capacity: 35 Ah
- Nominal Voltage: 48 VDC
- Weight: 14.0Kg (31 Lbs)
- Bluetooth Enabled Compatible With “Smart BMS Utility” And “Xiaoxiang BMS” Applications
- Dimensions: L 262 x W 182 x H 258mm (10.32 x 7.20 x 10.16”)
- Battery Management: Short Circuit, Current, Voltage, Cell Balancing
- Charging Method: CC – CV
- Standard Charge Voltage: 58.4V
- Recommended Charge Current: 8-30 Amps
- Max Charge Current: 40 Amps
- Max Continuous Discharge Current: 120A
- Peak Discharge Current (1 Second): 360A
- Cycle Life: 2500 @ 80% DOD, 1250 @ 100% DOD
- Over Charge Voltage Protection: 59.5V
- Over Discharge Voltage Protection: 40V
- Over Current Discharge Protection: 150A
- Short Circuit Protection: Cut out
- Operation Temperature Range: Charge 0~60°C, Discharge -20~60°C, Storage -20~40°C
- Parallel Connection: No Limit
- Series Connection: NOT Allowed
- Connector: M8 Screw Terminal
- UN38.3 Certified For Safe Transport
- Warranty: 5 Year Free Repair/Replacement!
Here is some simple care info to help you maximize performance, protect your Lithium battery and
Lithium battery technology is among the safest available but can still be dangerous if
not handled or utilized properly, as with all batteries. Lithium cells have some very specific
characteristics and must be treated differently from Lead based and other batteries. Once installed in a
proper system, they are very simple to maintain and utilize.
- Charging should be performed using a CC – CV (Constant Current – Constant Voltage) system.
- NEVER charge at or below freezing temperatures (0°C, 32°F).
- Optimal charge and discharge rates for longevity range from 0.1C to 0.5C.
- Store out of direct sunlight, in a cool, dry place to help avoid cell deterioration.
- Charge at least once every six months, when in storage, to combat self discharge. Lithium cells generally do not like to rest in a fully charged or full discharged state for any period, this will accelerate capacity and performance loss.
- Standard operating range for usable Amp hour (Ah) capacity is 20% – 100%. Depth of Discharge (DoD) 80%.
- Batteries are shipped in a partial state of charge. Charge before using.
- If a pack becomes completely discharged for any period, charge to full immediately.
- Not Water Proof, Do Not Get Wet Or Submerge In Water
- Do Not Mix With Other Battery Technologies
All CanLiFe Lithium products passed section 38.3 of the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria (UN Transportation Testing) to ensure the safety of lithium batteries during shipping.